|Pit Bull Computers (PBC) is a leading provider of quality refurbished computers to low income households, nonprofit organizations in the U.S. and to schools and non-governmental organizations. We have developed a computer refurbishing process that ensures all computers pass a series of refurbishment stages and meet the highest quality control standards. All computers that meet our standards are deemed “PBC Certified”, which is our symbol for quality and reliability.
Every PBC Certified computer goes through the following process:
ALL COMPUTER SYSTEMS ARE HAND BUILT, REFURBISHED & REBUILT HERE IN THE USA!
- The computer hard drive is erased using high-level data erase software
- The computer is examined for any major cosmetic or internal damage
- Dust is vacuumed out, and high pressure air is sprayed in power supply, processor, fans and throughout the case
- All stickers are removed and case is cleaned
- Motherboard is inspected for leaking or domed capacitors
- Missing parts replaced such as hard drive, memory and cards
- BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) set to default and boot order set to CD Rom first
- Optical drive, fan, battery, and power supply checked
- Slot covers replaced if needed
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software is used to test components CPU, RAM, optical drive and hard drive
- All tests are verified by hardware test log which is printed and attached to all PCs and laptops
Cosmetic Grade A: Grade A products will have overall excellent to very good cosmetic condition. Some Grade A units will be cosmetically pristine while others may have light scratches or other minor blemishes. Some systems may exhibit some shiny areas around the keyboard (space bar, touchpad and/or touchpad buttons), but the keyboard keys will be in excellent condition. Cosmetic blemishes will have no impact to the system’s overall functionality or performance.
Cosmetic Grade B: These units will have some cosmetic blemishes that include scratches and/or other surface imperfections. Some systems may exhibit shiny keys on the keyboard and/or shiny surfaces around the keyboard. All key characters will be legible. Grade B products are functionally equivalent to Grade A, and will include the same warranty and customer support as Grade A products. Pricing on grade B products will typically be lower than grade A products.
Most products found here on Pit Bull Computers carry a 30, 60 or 90 day warranty against malfunctions and faulty parts. Products that qualify will state a " Warranty: 30, 60 or 90 Day " identification. All others are sold As Is.
LINUX SOFTWARE INSTALL
- Linux MINT (most current version) installed with FULL Software Bundle
- Latest updates applied at time of install
- Installation verified (verification that all drivers present and boot without error)
- BACKUP Linux Mint (ISO) Folder Created
- Linux Lite 2.4 installed in certain situations
|New Inventory||Categories||Customer Service||Home »|